So I like to make things that are healthy and easy but also can last me a couple of meals. I have attempted to make dishes like this before but none have come out as well as this one has. This is great for a dinner party if you need to bring something to fill up a few guests! It makes ALOT of food and I actually used trader joes grain blend instead for some variety which worked perfectly! If you have a craving for Mexican this is the perfect recipe 🙂
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapenos, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.